10 May 2009
A Wonderful Mother's Day!
This being my first official Mother's Day, Dave decided to be super amazing! I had a wonderful day and Dave was SOOOO thoughtful and sweet. First of all, he got me the movie Twilight. I enjoyed reading the books and liked the movie (even though it strayed from the storyline) and have already watched most of it today. David got me a Red Robin gift card that comes with a free dessert, so we can go share french fries together. The biggest surprise came at church. All week I have been preparing for today. I was asked to sing in sacrament meeting with a double trio (which went very nicely). Our Sunday School teacher asked Dave and I to sing a duet in her class (which also went fairly well) and it was my week to teach Relief Society. When they announced the teacher for today though, they said "Our lesson today was supposed to be taught by Shelly Johnson" and I said "supposed to be?" thinking, man, I prepared everything and they didn't tell me I wasn't teaching?!? Just then Dave walks up the aisle, passes me David and walks to the front of the room as she says "As a young mother, her husband decided to do a very sweet thing and teach the lesson for her." So, Dave taught relief society! He had me plan te lesson outloud while we drove to Hannah's baptism in Canyon Country and now I know he had ulterior motives. He had me write down notes and read the questions and stuff and I had no idea! Then my dad baked cookies to hand out afterwards. It was very sweet and so thoughtful. I love you hunny! Thanks for making my day great! Happy Mother's Day to any women reading this!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
What a great day, you are a Mommy now. It is so cute seing you and your new family. You look like a wonderful mom! Elizabeth has a little over 13 days! She is ready!
Awww Shelly that is too cute! I'm glad that you had a great mothers day!
That is so sweet!!! I'm so glad that you had a wonderful Mother's Day!!
Wow, go Dave! I'm glad you had such a great day!
Post a Comment