14 May 2009

The Opossum, Walking and The Drawer

OK, so we have a couple of catchup posts here.They will go in reverse order of the title. My parents have a drawer in the kitchen for the grandkids to play in. That way they don't get into the rest of the cupboards and drawers. David LOVES the drawer. The first thing when he goes into the kitchen is pull open the drawer and plop down next to it. We always knew it would be a matter of time until he was in it, and finally I caught it! He also climbs into the laundry basket of toys. He knows how to surround himself with good things... Next, there is a baby on this house walking! and no, it's not David! Well, he's taken a few unassisted steps, but not like his cousin. She starts doing things later than him (scooting, standing) but surpasses him in the end (crawling, walking). It's rather interesting. It's almost like she goes, hey I can do that, and then she does it! So here are two videos of her taking some consecutive steps. Ignore the encouraging voices that make us sound retarded... Last, but not least for this post is the possum! We've had a large possum frequenting our cat food for a couple months now (as well as a LARGE raccoon) and when I walked by the screen yesterday, I was surprised to see a little guy sitting on the porch. He was SO cute! It's amazing how a cute little thing can turn out to be so ugly. Anyway, he munched the cat food and then hid under the plant in the flower bed. He came back a little later to munch some more and then his mama appeared a little later. He was probably only the size of my palm! The cats were sniffing him and he just hissed at them. I was afraid they'd try to eat him!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I don't think I've ever seen an opossom in real life! Wow! Cool drawer in the kitchen. That's a great idea!