13 April 2009
Vacation!!!
OK....so I have seriously been ignoring the blog. I will make a concerted effort to update more often and do cute family stuff to update about.
We had originally planned on driving up to Springville, UT on March 30th and drive straight through, but we decided to break it up a little more since we were unsure how David would travel. We left on the 29th and drove to Vegas where we stayed in my parent's time share. David did pretty well, he slept for like 2 hours of the drive but then was awake until 2am (we got Vegas at like 11pm). The second day of our trip we made it to Springville after navigating the MESS of Vegas traffic. ALL of the on ramps were closed, so we completely detoured through the ENTIRE city. It took the whole first hour that David slept, but luckily he travels very well. It was REALLY fun to be able to see Steve and Heather and the girls (Dave's brother and his family). The girls have grown up so much! I had taken pictures, but the entire first half of our vacation was accidentally erased from our (new) camera. I guess a good side note is that our camera just broke (the sensor went out) and it was going to cost at least $160 to fix it, so we spent $200 instead and got a sweet new one. back to vacation. We got to play fun games and eat cheese fondue with Steve and Heather just like old times.
During our first couple days we also got to see Meghan (my old roommate and one of our best friends) and go out to dinner to the Brick Oven, which is always a Utah must. We miss her a lot and are so excited for her to get married next May.
On Wednesday we got to go to the Monte L. Bean Museum at BYU with Heather and the kids as a reward for Presley. I took some way cute pictures...but they got erased, so maybe next time... David liked looking at the animals and playing with his cousins.
Thursday brought some more fun times at Thanksgiving Point. I have always had a love for dinosaurs and have never been to Thanksgiving Point, so we went to the dinosaur museum! It's like the biggest one in North America or something. It was a lot of fun! There are a TON of fun things to do there! We also had an AMAZING lunch at the cafe there. I wish I still had the pictures to share... oh well. We'll just have to go again next time we visit Utah.
After we left Lehi we drove to Boise to see Kevin and Kristen! We have totally missed them since moving out of Utah. Theye were our best friends there and since we haven't made any new friends down here....yeah. We haven't seen their daughter, Madison, since she was itty bitty, and they've never met David, so it was fun to play with them. We mostly just ate good food, played games and hung out like we used to, which was WAY fun! We also went swimming (which was David's first time) and had a blast. Kristen works at the YMCA teaching diving, so we got in free and the babies had so much fun. Here are a few pictures of our time in Boise...
We think he was trying to kiss her hand (she wouldn't let him near her face after the first time)
Our group photo...which will hopefully be at least a yearly thing...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Cute Boise pics. I posted some Spville pics on my blog, and I have more to send...someday...hopefully soon.
Post a Comment