28 February 2009

New info on stuff

OK, so a few updates to make, but I didn't want to title this post update... We have heard back from two police departments after the interviews and have good and bad news. For the city of Orange (which we were really hoping for), Dave did not get placed on the eligible list. There was a tricky interview question, so we're pretty sure we know why he didn't get it. He WAS placed on the eligible list for the City of Downey PD (which was the second interview). However, they said they're on a hiring freeze, so they estimate they will begin doing backgrounds in about 6 months. So...good, but not so good. We have yet to hear anything from San Bernardino County, but we'll post an update when we do. Dave will also be applying as a custody assistant for LA county, but he has to lose 20 pounds first so he is in his ideal weight range. I've decided to apply for a job--whenever it opens. I am going to try again to be a hall advisor at BYU. My guess is that there will be some openings this April, so if I get an interview I might be able to do it in person when we are on vacation. Although we don't really want to move away from both sets of grandparents and many siblings, we're not really getting anywhere right now. If I got Hall Advisor, Dave could apply to some departments and jails in Utah (who hasn't been hit as hard employment wise) and we could have a 5 year plan. We're going on vacation! We're heading up to Utah on March 30th and then on to Boise on the 2nd or 3rd of April and then we'll head slowly home and be back on the 8th or 9th. A nice long vacation where we get to see people we haven't seen in a long time. We're not setting any activities in stone, so if you want to see us, send us a message and we'll add you to the flexi-schedule. (Except Kevin and Kristen....I think we'll be seeing plenty of you!). David now crawls (mostly) and he got his first tooth! His first tooth came in last Monday, February 23rd. I think his second tooth is on its way in because he didn't sleep well last night and has been pretty fussy today. He started scooting when he was pretty much exactly 5 months (I've been meaning to post videos forever...) and now he's all over the place. He's already starting to get in to trouble. He can open some of the cabinets and he tries to pull himself up on things that aren't sturdy so he knocks a lot of things over. He crawled into the bathroom the other day and was trying to pull himself up on the edge! Which, I guess is another milestone. The day after we lowered his crib mattress, he was at a stand at the edge of the crib when I went in to get him after his nap. He is soooooo physical! He just has to move and touch things and be everywhere. He is such a joy to have, and even though his kisses are sloppy, they're so sweet! (Minus the pulling hair to get your face where he wants it...) He also waved at his grandma today and has begun to say da da da da and occasionally ma ma ma. Now that this is horribly rambly, I'll post video of him crawling and the tooth, if I can ever capture it on film, later.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Thanks for the update. Sorry the job hunt is not working out. We know how that goes! We would love it if it worked out for you to come back to Utah and can't wait for you to visit in March/April. I need to call you! I got your message and am a serious slacker!