26 July 2008
Time for an update
Since we've now been in California for 3 weeks, I guess it's time we posted an update. We are still anxiously waiting for the baby, and we HAVE picked a name. Dave won this round, so our little one will be David Russell Johnson. I do like the name, it's just that there are soooo many Davids in the family as it is. But oh well, what's one more, right?
These last couple of weeks we have been VERY busy trying to get settled in. We had to find a computer desk and a TV stand and a dresser for the baby's room as well as set up the nursery, put away all of our stuff and try to get things organized. I think I've done 5 or 6 loads of baby stuff between washing all of his blankets and sheets and clothes...he is going to be one very well dressed baby. We finally have our own bedroom put together too. We had to take out the window of our bedroom to get the mattresses in because they won't fit up the stairs. Since my dad hurt his back (he has a deteriorating lumbar disk or two) Dave has been doing a lot of things by himself. Thankfully though, my sister's husband has been able to help with the big stuff. I know Dave's back is grateful for that and so are we. It is amazing to have such a supporting family. We may not always agree, but we all love each other and help when it is needed.
Dave is currently looking for a hold-us-over job while we go through the application process for some of the Sheriff's Departments. Our top choices--Costco and HomeDepot--aren't really hiring right now, so we'll be trying a few other places next week. It's hard to get a job right now because we'll be having the baby so soon and it's hard to get time off when you've just been hired. My OB told me yesterday that they most likely won't let me go to term. Since I'm almost 38 weeks, we're thinking I will probably be induced this coming weekend. He's been having me see the perinatologist (to make sure the baby won't be too big for me to deliver and to check on my diabetes situation). The perinatologist put me back on the diabetic diet and did an ultrasound to determine his size. A week ago he was about 6 pounds. I go in again this Friday (the 1st)for another ultrasound and they said before that they wouldn't let me go past 7 1/2 pounds, so we'll see how big he is. I also see my OB again that day, so I guess ya'll can expect an update this weekend.
I'll have to do another post about the baby shower and our other goings ons as I still have some work to do today.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment