20 June 2008
Life Can be Crazy!
As we are preparing to move, life has decided to make it a little more interesting. School just finished yesterday, so Dave is now officially done and I will never take another class on BYU campus. Finals were a little crazy for both of us and we are very glad it is all over and done with.
Last week on Wednesday we let Fry out in the afternoon like we always do, only this time he didn't come home that night. This had happened once before, so we weren't super worried, but when he didn't come home the next day, or the next day, we started to fear the worst. We walked the neighborhood with pictures of him and asked all the neighbors if they had seen home. Nobody had. Saturday morning bright and early we got a call on my cell phone, somebody had found his collar which had been missing for at least a week prior to his disappearance. So we headed over there later and picked it up (it was in a neighbor's grape vine). That night at about 11pm I was sitting watching a movie and I thought I heard him meowing, so I rushed to the door and flung it open to find....nothing. I have been super emotional lately, so I start bawling and say a prayer asking that we at least find out what happened to him--whether he is lying in a bush or somebody took him home. About a half hour later Dave got a call on his cell phone from MTC Security. Fry had apparently wandered into a building they were doing construction on and got shut in. He had been trapped inside for 3 days without food or water and they had him in the front lobby ready to be picked up. He was pretty disoriented at first, but is back to his old self.
Also this weekend, I started to have contractions. Not just Braxton Hicks...contractions. I would get a couple a day but they got more frequent Monday afternoon and even more frequent and regular on Tuesday. I talked to my doctor about it and he said that if they got to the point of being consistently 15 minutes apart or less to go into Labor and Delivery. That night they got that close and started getting closer, so just before midnight Dave and I headed to the hospital. My contractions were actually about 5 minutes apart because I was having smaller ones in between the painful ones. After about 2 and a half hours and quite a few tests, they told me that although I was dilated to a 1- 1 1/2, I wasn't effaced and the fetal fibronectin test came back negative, so most likely I won't have the baby in the next two weeks. So they sent me home and said to stay off my feet and avoid particular activities until I'm 36 weeks. I still have pretty consistent contractions, and with all the water they told me to drink, I don't think I have ever peed as much in my life!
So, now I can barely do anything and we have to pack the house in a week and be ready to move! Ah, the joys! I just have to remind myself that we tried hard to get here and I should be grateful for anything involving this baby.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Poor Fry, and poor you guys too! I'm glad he and you are all okay. Take it easy until this little one comes. How do you like being back in CA?
That's a great pic of Fry! :) Love him, and I can't wait to meet DJ!
Post a Comment