29 July 2008

The last couple of days...

These last few days have been eventful but not. Baby David has not arrived yet but I feel he'll be making his appearance by the end of the weekend. My contractions have been much more frequent since about Friday or Saturday and we've had some tell-tale signs of impending labor today (Tuesday). We'll see what happens I guess... Last Thursday Dave, my bro-in-law Dana and my dad started a weight loss competition. It goes until Sept 1st with weekly weigh-ins at Sunday dinner. Whoever loses the most weight (percentage wise) gets something special from the other two, whether it be a ball game, a round of golf, a steak dinner, etc. Friday Dave spent all day cleaning the garage with my dad, which consisted of my dad saying what to do and Dave doing it. My parents keep saying how big of a blessing it is that we came home when we did. Even though we're still unemployed, I feel like we were supposed to be down here, too. Saturday Dave got the patio set up--at least partway. At my parent's house there is a separate room in the back yard that we used to have a pool table in and stuff. It's lately been used as storage or to house large dinner parties that won't fit in the dining room. We've been allowed to take it over since my parents got a storage unit. So Saturday Dave and my dad put in a small air conditioner in the window and he moved around some furniture and set up our projector, surround sound and the Wii. The exercise equipment is out there too, so he's been watching a movie at night and running on the elliptical and doing crunches and push ups and stuff. When we get it done it's gonna be sweet. We're going to use the kitchen table we couldn't part with from our Utah home to play games and put food on. So any of you close by are welcome to come play games with us and hang out. Yesterday (Monday) we saw "Get Smart" with my parents for Family Night. This was after having a gran d old time at the DMV so Dave could get his California driver's license back so we can do sheriff's dept applications. It's a much more pleasant process when you make an appt ahead of time. I also could have finally changed my name to Johnson (even though the appt wasn't for me) but I would have had to take my new picture and I had my hair up, no makeup on and pregnant bloat. So I passed and we'll have to go back again. That's what I get for being vain (but I kinda think I'm allowed a little leeway there right now). Today we turned in everything to the Medi-Cal office again since they lost all of the paperwork from my first appt. We should be approved and ready to go by the mid-end of next week. We also fixed Dave's mom's computer. We doubled the RAM and cleaned some stuff up and so it runs a lot faster now. We're currently trying to get the family computer fixed too since there is only like 200 MB of space left on it of only 10GB...lol. It's going to be a fun project. I also found the perfect nightgown today at Kohl's. They were having a huge sale and so it was only $8. It has sleeves, a modest neckline, buttons down to the navel and goes to like my lower calf. That's probably enough boring info for whoever reads this, but we're trying to kill time til the baby arrives. So, you'll just have to deal with it.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Well good luck and I hope that baby comes soon for your sake! We have David's on my side of the family too...there are lots of David's and I can see your point so, do have a nick name picked out to keep all the David's straight? Send us an email with your address so we can send you a baby gift we have for you.