29 November 2007

So I guess since it has been a while since we lat posted we should. We check the blog regularly, but don’t have much change that seems to merit a blog. But I figure we could brag about our black Friday shopping. Things have been pretty busy, especially Thanksgiving week. It was so great to have mom and dad come up, as well as Shelly's parent and sister's family. We had thanksgiving on Tuesday with the Johnson family and on Friday with the Sprague's.
But it was also Red Week at school meaning that there was a lot of extra work to do protecting the campus from our Rival school Utah coming down and defacing it. We had all the statues wrapped in plastic and we work from 22:00 to 04:00 walking campus, the stadium, housing areas, and sitting at the base of the "Y". http://newsnet.byu.edu/story.cfm/66388 We got hot chocolate and donuts too. Then there was the game on Saturday which with a little miracle we came back and beat Utah.
So about the shopping…. I got off of work at about 4:15, and stopped by home to get some warmer clothes and Shelly had stayed up all night so I told her I was heading out to Staple’s and she said she would come along since she was going to go to K-mart which was just a little further down in the shopping center. So we got there about 4:30 and the line was not too bad at all, but I told Shelly she should probably go down to get in line at K-mart too, she asked if I was sure because the line wasn’t that long which it wasn’t either but I told her she should anyway, and right about 4:45 the crowds started showing up and the lines got longer. It was pretty sweet to just beat the rush.
Anyway I was in line to pick up a Navigon GPS for $100 as the manager came out to talk to us he told us where what we wanted was in the store, and how many there were (9) of the item we wanted and where about we fell in like 7 or 8, so it would be close for me. I was also getting a 4 gig jump drive for $18. And I was able to get what we wanted. We also got 2 DVD/CD books that hold about 250 discs so we could store all of our DVD’s in them. Shelly, meantime, was waiting with her mom and brother-in-law Dana to get her sewing machine, a ¾ size, a craftsman cordless drill at half price, and s few other things. After she got her stuff and I got mine, I went home to bed and she went on for more shopping with her parents and brother-in-law. She went to Shop Ko and Target; we got some new sheets 450 thread count which are so nice, and some popcorn tins. And I think our favorite buy is the George Foreman with removable grill plates. We have a small Foreman but the plate are not removable and we can only fit 2 burger patties on it at a time, and since we use it so much and we like to have people over for dinner so often, we figured an upgrade would be worth it, and at only $35 I was okay with it.
Anyway school is starting to get to both of us and we are ready for another break. And work keeps us both up late. But we manage; at least we have an income. We look forward to seeing everyone this holiday season and getting some In~N~Out. Hope all is well and that we make it home safe. See ya soon

2 comments:

Mary said...

It was fun to see you guys although you looked pretty tired. :)

Kinsie said...

hey...you need to update your page!