09 September 2008

Insurance Woe and more new pics!

Well, life hasn't changed much since the last blog. Dave is still looking for a job. Nobody has been hiring, so it's been difficult to find a job. This week two places are supposed to be reviewing applications, so hopefully he'll be employed by the end of next week. I'm still just taking care of baby David and all of our insurance crap. A lot of things had to change when we moved from Utah to California, and the insurance situation has been interesting. I went in to the Medi-Cal office 2 days after we got here to apply for benefits (which was July 1st). The same day I called the Utah Medicaid office to cancel benefits up there. My case worker from Utah had told me that I just needed to call when I needed it cancelled, so I didn't think I needed to do it beforehand. When I talked to them even, they told me it should be effective from that day. When I got the confirmation in the mail, it was dated July 31st for my end date of coverage in Utah. I took it in to my next appt for Medi-Cal and my caseworker said it shouldn't be a problem. I then had to bug my case worker for over a month to get my case processed even though she had promised me it would be done like a week after I first started bugging her. I had to bug her because when I went to the perinatologist they said the preseumptive eligibility didn't cover the entire appt. The total for the perinatologist that wasn't covered was about $2000. We simply don't have the money for that and as soon as the Medi-Cal went through it would erase our bill. So when she finally told me that it was being processed and had gone through she casually states that my coverage began August 1st. I practically shouted "What???" at her because the day before we had spoken about getting the July visits covered. She said that California won't cover me for July because I was still technically covered in Utah...even though all of my appts were in Cali and Utah won't cover them...so now we've had a battle with Utah Medicaid, Medi-Cal, and the Perinatologist's billing people. It has yet to be fixed, but fortunately even if we can't get it covered (the current route we're trying is the BYU insurance) the most expensive visit is covered by Medi-Cal so the most we'd have to pay is $600. I know it will all work out, so I'm not too freaked out about it. We've been in tight spots before, and I believe that since we are full tithe payers, we've been blessed and will continue to be blessed. AND...... now for the pictures!! David now smiles all the time! It's not very easy to capture it always, but here are a couple attempts. David LOVES his Daddy...so here's two pictures of them together, even though you can only see Dave's legs in one of them. And last, but not least... Dave snapped these while we sat in a waiting room to get some insurance stuff figured out. It definitely embodies the true spirit of the event...

2 comments:

Heather said...

Such cute pics!!! I love the ones you took in the insurance office. Very funny. Sorry you've been dealing with insurance fun. Can't wait to see you in a month!

Mary said...

Cute, cute pictures! I hope everything with the insurance works out okay.