Do we ever really know everything going on in our life? Or understand it? No, but it's still life. So here we are, still trucking on in this crazy world. We still live with my parents--it's only been over 3 years. We still don't have a career for Dave--not for lack of trying. BUT, we still have two wonderful children and a supporting family, and each other of course. Someday something will work out...
On a lighter note...
Can I just say again how amazing my kids are? It is so fun to watch Zoe grow and learn new things. She says about 15 words and signs: more, all done, diaper, eat/food, thirsty, water, and please. She understands us when we ask her to do thing like close a drawer, or to look for her paci or a toy. She has a million different expressions and I love to watch her explore each one--she totally knows what she's doing. I can't believe it has been over 13 months since I had her. I cannot imagine life without her and the joy she brings our family.
David is... David. He is so stinking smart. He is starting to sound out words and can recognize some sight words. His memory is just incredible... I said something about a Christmas party and he said "like the one at Gena's church with Santa?" That was a year ago... and we haven't talked about it since. This is not an isolated incident. Sometimes I worry because he is so picky with his food and with textures and things have to be just so.... but then he speaks. He gets along with all the kids at preschool, minus a bully or two, and is almost always just a happy kid.
Just talking about them makes me feel better. Who needs a "why me?" I have plenty of blessings... far enough to outweigh any of those moments...
No comments:
Post a Comment