14 May 2008

Mother's Day

As this was my first Mother's Day, I wasn't sure quite what to expect from those around. I've been hinting to Dave that I really want to get my toes done because I just can't reach them for long enough to do them right. A few days before Mother's Day, I broke down and cut and filed and scraped them myself, but that was the limit. I asked Dave to paint them and he said no and said "what's coming up in a few days" which to me meant that I was probably going to get a pedicure. So, thoughts of a spa day are in my head from then on. On Friday we went to Albertson's with Heather (they had gone shopping together on Wednesday)and I decided I would buy myself some aeresol hairspray (I've been trying to actually do my hair on a daily basis and it's much better to style with). I asked Dave to hold it while I looked at the makeup on sale and he said, "why do you need this?" I explained my reasons and ended with "it's on sale, it's only $3" thinking this would be enough to convince him that I should get it. I handed it off and looked at makeup with Heather. After I was done and we were heading for the registers I asked Dave where the hairspray was because it wasn''t in his hand or in the cart. He pointed to the shelf down the aisle. I of course got upset--it was a $3 bottle of hairspray--and asked him why he put it back. He said, it's only a dollar off the regular price. So I storm down the aisle (thinking he was just being stingy) and picked it back up and bought it. On Mother's Day, we went down to Steve and Heather's for dinner. At one point, Katie said she wanted to show me something, but I was busy in the kitchen. Dave came over and said he'd take over and I should go with her. After initially resisting, I figured it must have something to do with it being Mother's Day, so I trekked upstairs to see what it was she wanted to show me. After discovering it was her latest work of art,I headed back downstairs. Like half an hour later, someone said "wow" and fiddle with a basket full of stuff sitting on the movie cabinet and attached to it was the card I had seen Dave print out earlier that morning. Inside was salon shampoo and conditioner, scrapbooking adhesive, a $20 Chi round brush, sample sized BigSexyHair shampoo, conditioner and blow dry volumizer, two cans of BigSexyHair aeresol hairspray and the can I had insisted on buying at Albertson's! He had remembered my want for good hair products and then got them for me! Even though he purposely annoys me sometimes (which is really easy to do lately)he is such a thoughtful and caring man. I'm lucky to have a husband like him.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

that was really sweet of him to do. And i know how u feel about getting up set very ez it happnes well happy mothers day altho its late